I moved to a little town on the outskirts of Manchester named Wigan. It seems like it will be a great town because it is so quaint. The people seem friendly as well, some nicer than others, but still friendly. From what I hear the ward I will be working with is extremely helpful and nice as well, so I am sure that will be great. I will tell you more details as I know them. My companion is Sister Davis and you can look below at the picture and the corresponding info to learn more :)
I arrived in Wigan yesterday early evening, and we went to work right away. We went ahead and got some groceries so we didn't die of starvation. Then we went around and started talking to people on the street as well as taught a lesson. We have a few people that are interested in our message and Sister Davis has been teaching them. I don't really know much about them yet, but as I learn more I will be sure to tell you about those experiences and stories.
There is a new training program out for missionaries. As a result, I will probably be with my trainer, Sister Davis, for the next 12 weeks. Some of you are wondering what trainer means, and a trainer is another sister missionary who has been out in the field for a while. She is in charge of making sure you learn the ropes of how to be an effective missionary. Basically, she can answer your questions and help you understand what your role and purpose is as a missionary. I think you get the drift, but if anyone is lost please ask! And if I can't answer, Annie will. With this new program, they suggest you be together for 2 transfers (12 weeks).
The next photo is from today. This is myself and Sister Davis. Sister Davis is from Rexburg, ID and has a ton of energy. She is my trainer, so I will more than likely be with her for the next 2 transfers (12 weeks). I consider myself to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, but I have to admit she just may have more than I do. I think Heavenly Father put us together because He knew that I was the only one who could keep up with her. It's been really good so far and she is really nice. I know that I will learn a lot from her. She has been out a little over a year now and will go home in February, so it's fun!
Love always,
Sister (Becca) Jack
Sister (Becca) Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment