Monday, 2 July 2012

Just another week


I am doing well. I honestly don't know what to report about this week. The rain has come back, but there is always a bit of sunshine as well. I am enjoying all that I do :)
 
My companion, Sister Howes, is absolutely amazing. We get along really well, which is a blessing. It is always fun to be working beside someone you just consider to be your best friend. Also, it is surprising how you can be best friends with someone only after spending three and half weeks together, but I guess that comes when you spend 24/7 together. As you know Sister Howes is from London. Her family are members and she was baptized when she was 8, but then they went less active. It wasn't until about two years ago that she started coming back to church. It is clear the role prayer plays in each of our conversions as well as the Holy Ghost. When we receive answers and feel the Spirit, we just know what we need to do.
 
This is the same experience many new people to the church feel. The first Sunday of every month, the mission president invites new members and investigators to his house and they have a fireside. Often times the new members bear testimony and there is another speaker or two. We were able to go yesterday evening, and it was amazing! I love being able to feel the Spirit that good warm feeling testifying to me of the truth of what these people share. Not only that, but also how the gospel has changed their lives. Each of them feel so strongly about the gospel and are rather courageous to speak in front of a group of 50-100 people. It is amazing, and I know that it helps everyone who attends. There are many wonderful activities, programs, etc. that are particular to my mission (England Manchester), and I am grateful to be able to participate in each of them. It really opens your eyes to new ways to see the world and help others experience the same joy that I feel.
 
I think that is all for now. I am going to spend a little bit more time responding to individual emails. Hope you all have a wonderful week, and I know I will have more to share next week.
 
Love, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment